Indago Digital’s first client comment comes from Rocky Vu who is digital marketing manager at Employsure. Today Rocky looks at the top challenges for digital managers.
Top Digital Marketing Challenges in 2016
Every digital savvy company faces different challenges along the way, however most would share similar goals. Some companies and agencies are focusing on hiring top digital talent, while others might be having difficulties securing the latest technology and there are some that are faced with business constrains therefore, lacking the evolution of digital.
In my role as Digital Manager, I have faced similar challenges. Employsure has a rapidly shifting digital environment that continues to evolve with innovation and creation. Being adaptable and having the right strategy is key to overcome those common challenges – irrespective of what organisation you work in or the technology you deal with.
Across my nine years of experience in the digital world, working across multiple agency and client roles, I have developed a strong understanding of how to manage those common digital challenges.
Social Media Management
Many of the brands I have worked with have not exactly figured out or can truly appreciate the benefits of social media. Common social media challenges both agencies and clients face include:
- What content should be produced?
- What should re-marketing content look like?
- How often and how much should be spent on paid social media vs organic social media?
- Who will do the work and is accountable for social media?
I have found, one agency might be good at paid social, while others are good at community management. A different agency might be good at brand reputation. So when you have limited resources, how do you choose the best social media savvy agency to support your business?
Getting value from SEO
Majority of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) success in this day and age is driven from strong brand management and awareness, therefore even with a relatively decent SEO budget and investment, the big brands generally deliver strong SEO results. How do we differentiate between the values that your SEO agency deliver verses your brand agency?
From an SEO point of view, all the techniques that allow you to ‘game the system’ no longer work and it is getting incredibly difficult to achieve and maintain SEO success, especially for top generic terms. You can be number one position on a term that is worth millions of dollars in SEO value today, but an update from Google next week could push you off page one.
SEO success is important, but it is extra important to have more pillars to support your business and not rely on your SEO as a pure revenue stream.
New devices are introduced extremely regularly these days. From memory, it feels like yesterday when the smart phone and tablet were introduced. However, nowadays we also have TV, gaming consoles and a number of other new devices available. How do we truly track the path to conversions and success across devices?
To illustrate, a customer can research using their home desktop one day, follow up on that research on their phone later and ultimate purchase using their work computer. So, how do we track all those interactions and remarket accordingly to maximise the conversion rate?
The answer is multi-device tracking. However, it is more than just tracking traditional cookies, and more importantly about the data.
Managing your website
Managing a website poses constant challenges, especially for small to medium sized businesses and not-for-profit organisations with limited resources and budgets. In the early days of the web, all we needed to do was create a user friendly website and that could be sufficient to run a business. Nowadays, we need to consider multi-devices, multi-browser and user experience testing and on-going web resources to manage potential bugs and enhancements.
- Indago Digital help launch Credit Simple Australia - February 9, 2017
- Indago Digital bags another five clients - October 21, 2016
- How is Google’s Penguin 4.0 impacting businesses in your industry? - October 11, 2016
- Indago Digital helps Credit Simple launch in New Zealand - September 19, 2016
- Leading Aussie online lender rebrands to enably - September 13, 2016
- Employsure – Top Digital Marketing Challenges in 2016 – Client Comment - September 12, 2016
- Contiki Legends Party 2016 - September 8, 2016
- Try Before You Market: Why Your Agency Should Be Living Your Brand - August 29, 2016
- Google Ads & Analytics Innovations Keynote - May 26, 2016
- Google My Business Changes Are Costing Australia’s Top Restaurants $1,000’s - April 27, 2016