As innovative and dominating as Google is they are not renowned for service or giving back to agencies. You would also think that they would invest the most time and money into their large agency partners such as Aegis, GroupM and OMG but I recently learnt that that isn’t necessarily the case.
In the past couple of months indago digital has been lucky enough to be invited to a couple of events put on by Google, managed by Duncan McGrath, hosted by Altus Q with content from US agency Cardinal Path. Google’s Partner Connect program has seen Google provide its SME agencies with a new type of training. Most of us have had the privilege of being trained on Google’s own products but this is very different.
As a Google Agency Partner that is deemed to have large growth potential we recently attended two courses;
- Business development – negotiating, pricing, marketing and closing a deal
- General business management – finance, team management, positioning and developing business value
The idea is that we are better equipped to obviously sell more of Google’s product but more importantly that we are better equipped to grow and flourish. We were apprehensive, discussed being too busy at work to be able to attend every day but that didn’t happen.
The courses commanded our attention and we were good pupils; attentive, hardworking and with a perfect attendance record. As well as picking up a few gems it was an opportunity to mix with like-minded agency owners sharing successes and mistakes. It was great to find common ground and work on shared problems.
The course is far from over and with the help of project management software and some individual coaching sessions we’re being managed through a 100 day plan.
Hats off to Google for being brave and generous enough to set these courses up. We feel lucky to have been invited and hope that there is more to come.
- Competitor Brand Bidding for the Modern-Day Marketeer - March 28, 2017
- Building a Personal Brand – Simple Tips for New Digital Marketeers - March 22, 2017
- Me on TV! Indago Digital Featured On Sky News’ Business Success - January 17, 2017
- Is Your Business Ready to Bring Google AdWords In-House? - November 14, 2016
- Is your phone number part of your brand? - September 11, 2015
- Indago Goes To The Dogs - August 25, 2015
- Table Tennis – Necessary Expense? - July 10, 2015
- Google Agency Partner Training - April 28, 2015
- Account Level Quality Score - February 3, 2015
- Our New Office - February 1, 2015